Testing, testing!

Ok, so this blog post is a bit overdue but, as the old saying goes, it’s better late than never.

A few weeks’ back, we took Enid for a test drive/camp in Hastings with some of our dog walking mates. It was an interesting trip to say the least.

For starters, Ed was on a course halfway down to Hastings anyway (with Enid) which meant Luna and I took three connecting trains to meet him. It was a LONG day but the fact it was National Doughnut Day made up for it. I mean – a free doughnut while waiting for a train. What’s not to like?!

After the doughnut eating, train hopping and walking as fast as I can to leave our final stop in a town which can only be described as a s*** hole, we met Ed and Enid. We drove a further two hours to Hastings to reach the rest of the crew. You’d think they’d be happy to see us arrive but unfortunately our arrival was badly timed with Storm Miguel. And the gale-force winds and rain continued through the evening (and until the next morning in fact).

Luckily for us though, ‘setting up camp’ inside Enid was quick and easy (no putting up tents – hurrah!). Although, there was some time wasted/embarrassment. As any avid Enid follower would know, Enid was still without a bed (or any curtains for that matter!) so we had to blow up two single beds…only to find that they wouldn’t fit side by side in a T5 campervan. Duh.

On the plus side, Enid didn’t explode. That was always a fear of mine. After all, Ed isn’t an electrician. But he had of course done his homework. Phill – our dog walking mate – who IS a professional electrician gave the electrics a once over and confirmed (while sipping on a beer of course) that we are indeed safe.

Yes! Forget the excitement of having working plugs to charge phones or put on the kettle, we were able to use an electric heater! And boy was it toasty warm. Like a sauna in fact. It made sleeping during the storm fine actually. We didn’t tell our fellow campers though. They had a really hard time in their tents. Let’s just say some were collecting their awnings and windbreakers from across the field in the early hours. Woops!

The weather, thankfully, improved for the rest of the weekend and nobody was blown off a cliff. We went on some nice walks (Luna was of course in her element) and visited some nice pubs. Perfect weekend really. So, Enid did good. Can you imagine what it’ll be like when she is actually finished though?!

Well, as you’ll find in our next post, she is nearly complete 😊

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s